e Production Automation option
As part of the “Web2Workflow” concept, Production Automation is a Windows application integrated into the PrintSYS Production Suite that enables automated printing of certain PrintSYS orders.
The software extracts information from the XML order files and, depending on their content, allows processing to a predefined workflow called profile.
Depending on the profile, the program submits a custom XML file for each order to the Impostrip (Ultimate TechnoGraphics) input folder, which generates the required imposition and produces a new PDF ready to print.
Send to the production engine
nd to the production engine
The software retrieves the renamed and imposed PDF file and routes it to the active folder of the production printer linked to the workflow.
- Importing orders from XML files
- Workflow definition
- Parameter definition
- Definition of users and their privileges
- Order search
- Ability to change certain imported information
- Automatic job ticket annotation for the processed order
- Job ticket printing for the order processed on the defined printer
- Processing management and monitoring by Impostrip software
- Addition of a JDF/XPIF with imposed PDF and forwarding to the defined hot print folder
- Printing of the “Order Details” document on the printer set in the parameters
- File backup of the Microsoft SQL Server database
- Utility to restore the Microsoft SQL Server database
- Maintenance of the Microsoft SQL Server database
- Automatic removal of files associated with the maintenance utility
- Synchronization of order statuses with PrintSYS server
- Use of a barcode reader to change the status of a job
- Integrated help application
- Simplified installation program